RAIDERS OF THE FROZEN WASTES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against the cold of wastelands...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'd like to help run DKP raids if possible.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bushwacker

I'd like to help run DKP raids if possible. Empty
PostSubject: I'd like to help run DKP raids if possible.   I'd like to help run DKP raids if possible. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:59 am

Hi, I'm sure most you know who I am.

I would like to ask if it's possible that I could help with hosting the naxx 25 man DKP raids.

Rolling randomly for gear has not paid off for me, and a few other people who I have conversed with. The simple fact is, people are still free to join normal raids or DKP raids, I would just like to make the ones that I am leading, or co-leading, a DKP raid, since I host these mainly during the weeks, when the current DKP leaders (Sofko, alphaslayer, and Arin (who is no longer playing)) do not have the time nor the intent to do so.

My days of relying on luck are over, so I'd like to join the club Razz

If this is not possible could you please arrange someone to help me out instead.

Thanks
Bushwacker
Back to top Go down
soffy

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to help run DKP raids if possible.   I'd like to help run DKP raids if possible. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:26 am

As seeing that u run most of naxx raids atm, while i am sick of naxx and tbh with so many of my friends leaving im just asking myself wtf im doing here i have to agree with u.
If u gonna take good care of leading its fine with me, but u need to get alpha to agree cuz he is the leader now.
But before u take this responsibility remember, its a lot of work with it
Back to top Go down
MetalAlf

MetalAlf

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to help run DKP raids if possible.   I'd like to help run DKP raids if possible. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:08 pm

sure u can lead

but dkp raids are usually held during the weekend, cuz u have to let ppl who do not like dkp have their turn during the week. also during the weekend most of the ppl that like dkp raids are on.

but u are welcome to help with the dkp raiding
Back to top Go down
Bushwacker

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to help run DKP raids if possible.   I'd like to help run DKP raids if possible. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 5:41 pm

I am aware of the DKP haters and the DKP likers. My main concern however is the amount of time I spend tanking in naxx heroics, and I always end up explaining and doing the master loot because other people are not willing to take up such responsibilites. I have developed a habit of taking screenshots of boss loots as soon as the encounter ends, which helped out last night when Thaddius only dropped 1 token.

I do not have any qualms about taking on another responsibility of recording the DKP of players and their winning bids. I have 2 computers on my desk, 1 of which can stay logged into the website, which helps a lot.

With regard to the times during the week or weekends when raids occur, if players want to organise a non-DKP raid then that is fine, my resolve is that I will just not join this raid. Instead I will wait for (or host) a DKP raid after that one has ended. This lets me play my alts a bit more or just do something other than wow.

And finally a query about actually handling the DKP: Is the process as follows? I assume it's done manually so if not please correct me.

1) Organise the tanks and healers for the boss encounter: Each receive 11 points after the boss kill, while DPS receive 10 points. (...and ofcourse afk'ers get none, and no right to bid.)
2) Start the boss encounter.
3) Take a screenshot of the raid frame and the boss loots as soon as the boss encounter ends.
4) Do the bidding from the website's current DKP standings, and check the winning bid with the Mainspec/offspec thread, then write the winning bids down in notepad.
5) Update the website accordingly from the screenshot and winning bids.
Back to top Go down
MetalAlf

MetalAlf

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to help run DKP raids if possible.   I'd like to help run DKP raids if possible. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:58 pm

well ye thats mainly how to do it... u only missed 1 thing

at some bosses which are tank and spank top 3 dps get 11 points also

info: thaddius isnt such a case cuz ur dps depends on the polarity u get :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to help run DKP raids if possible.   I'd like to help run DKP raids if possible. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'd like to help run DKP raids if possible.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RAIDERS OF THE FROZEN WASTES :: Sugestions-
Jump to: